Standards in the ISO 9000 family include:
- ISO 9001:2015 - sets out the requirements of a quality management system
- ISO 9000:2015 - covers the basic concepts and language
- ISO 9004:2009 - focuses on how to make a quality management system more efficient and effective
- ISO 19011:2011 - sets out guidance on internal and external audits of quality management systems.
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. These principles are explained in more detail in the pdf Quality Management Principles. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.
Oxford Cert Universal Services
You know what sets your company apart: you have first-rate products, efficient structures, and provide excellent service. Only, that’s also what your competitors say about themselves.
An objective, globally recognized accreditation enables you to demonstrate your high quality standards. Oxford Cert Universal certification of your quality management system provides a solid foundation for continuously improving quality and profitability.
Regular assessment performed by Oxford Cert Universalhelps you to continually use, monitor and improve your management system and processes. This improves the reliability of your internal operations to meet customer requirements, as well as overall performance. You will also most likely gain a significant improvement in staff motivation, commitment and an understanding of their responsibility.
We can provide support and guidance for our clients looking to start on the route to a certified management system.
Regular surveillance visits and certificate renewal visits every three years make sure that your QMS continues to meet the requirements of the standard.
There are three main services:
• Certification - Oxford Cert Universaloffer assessment and certification against ISO 9001 and internal approval for ISO 9004.
• Internal AuditAssessments -Oxford Cert Universaloffer gap analysis, preliminary assessments to prepare you for certification.
• Training -Oxford Cert Universaloffer training which will prepare you and your staff before and after the certification process.
Oxford Cert Universal International's professional auditors work with clients to ensure the management systems are effectively maintained and continuously improved to meet customers' growing expectations and legal statutory requirements
Combine your quality management system with industry-specific standards or certifications from the areas of environmental protection and occupational health and safety. This establishes an integrated management strategy and creates ideal conditions for future business development.
ISO 9001 Benefits
The reputation of ISO and the international recognition of the QMS that ISO 9001 brings is a real boost to any company’s reputation. It allows you to continuously improve your Quality Management Systems and processes. Over time, that translates into overall increases in your performance and can positively impact your bottom line. Demonstrating a real commitment to quality can transform your corporate culture as employees welcome the need for constant improvement.
ISO 9001 certification:
• Proves your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
• Ensures your products and services effectively meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
• Allows you to measure your progress towards continual improvement of business performance creating a benchmark
• Helps improve your organizational performance
• Win customer confidence
• Increase customer satisfactionand added value to customers
• Foster employee motivation
• Clearly define responsibilities
• Be internationally recognized as a well-managed organization and business
• Make decisions based on facts
• Reduce information gaps
• Establish efficient and effective corporate processes
• Minimize corporate risk
• Initiate continuous improvement
• Save time and operating costsand reduce costs for quality
• Prevent errors instead of correcting them
• Improve corporate image
• Be able to react to changing market conditions in advance Fulfilling customers' quality requirements
• Formalize Good Working Practices
• It can lead to improved productivity and less waste.
• It may provide competitive advantage.
• It enables you to work with the many organizations where it is a contractual obligation or expectation.
• Create confidence and enable comparisons at the global scale
• Introduce sustainable improvements to processes and structures
• Motivate your employees through improved communication and the provision of more information
About ISO 9001 & QMS Standards Series
About ISO 9001
More than one million certified companies in the world take advantage of the notable ISO 9001 standard as a tool for managing their organization and for improving their performance continuously. The standard contains internationally applicable requirements for the quality of products, services and development.
ISO 9001 is an international standard related to quality management, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities. It is based on eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practices).
Every organization would like to improve the way it operates, whether that means increasing market share, driving down costs, managing risk more effectively or improving customer satisfaction. A quality management system gives you the framework you need to monitor and improve performance in any area you choose.
ISO 9001 is by far the world’s most established quality framework, currently being used by over ¾ million organizations in 161 countries, and sets the standard not only for quality management systems, but management systems in general.
It helps all kinds of organizations to succeed through improved customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement.
QMS Standards Series
ISO 9000, ISO 9001, ISO 9004 arequality management system standards. It can help bring out the best in your organization by enabling you to understand your processes for delivering your products/services to your customers. The ISO 9001 series of standards consist of:
• ISO 9000 – Fundamentals and Vocabulary: this introduces the user to the concepts behind the management systems and specifies the terminology used.
• ISO 9001 – Requirements: this sets out the criteria you will need to meet if you wish to operate in accordance with the standard and gain certification.
• ISO 9004 – Guidelines about ofManaging for The Sustained Success: based upon the eight quality management principles, these are designed to be used by senior management as a framework to guide their organizations towards improved performance by considering the needs of all interested parties, not just customers.
ISO 9001 is suitable for any organization looking to improve the way it is operated and managed, regardless of size or sector. However, the best returns on investment come from those companies that are prepared to implement it throughout their organization rather than at particular sites, departments or divisions.
In addition, ISO 9001 is designed to be compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as OHSAS 18001Occupational Health and Safety, ISO 14001 Environment, ISO 22000 Food Safety. They can be integrated seamlessly through Integrated Management. They share many principles so choosing an integrated management system can offer excellent value for money.
Eight management principles provide orientation for the task of managing an organization in a focused and systematic manner, and to ensure continuous improvement. The first of the eight principles of quality management requires consistent customer orientation – the most important thing for business success:
• Customer focus: Your company understands the requirements of its customers. You want to meet or even exceed these requirements.
• Leadership: Your company management sets uniform goals and outlines the internal company organization. This enables employees to concentrate fully on achieving the goals you have set for them.
• Involvement of people: Your employees are included in the quality management process, which enables their competencies to be utilized for the company’s benefit.
Process approach: Measures always follow a set workflow: Plan – Do – Check – Action
• System approach to management: Your company learns to understand the interactions between all processes. You recognize them as one integrated system and control them accordingly.
• Continual improvement:Ongoing improvement becomes the central goal for your company
• Fact based decision-making: The decisions you make are based on the systematic analysis of data and information
• Mutually beneficial supplier relationships:Your company and its suppliers are mutually dependent. Together, you can create win/win situations that result in added values for both sides.
Quality Management System - QMS
Oxford Cert Universal’s competence, professionalism and spirit of partnership contribute significantly to an organization’s continual improvement. In order to be able to customize the assessment of a quality management system according to an organization’s specific conditions, objectives and success factors, you first have to get to know each other. The customer then places the order for an assessment procedure based on a meaningful offer.
Quality Management as a major management task covers organized actions for the improvement of products, processes or performances.
"Management system" refers to the organization's structure for managing its processes or business activities. This structure transforms input of resources into a product or service that meets the organization's business objectives, satisfies the customer's quality requirements and complies with regulations.
A quality management system helps to identify opportunities and to fulfill the requirements of customers, suppliers or other interested parties. It also allows organizations to optimize their processes, while at the same time reducing costs.
Quality – especially the quality of processes and results – is and will continue to be an essential competitive factor, if not the most decisive one.
Successful companies are driven to deliver quality - from the way they operate, to the customer service standards they establish and the products they deliver. This is a strategic vision to improve brand equity and image and ensure you are better equipped to win new opportunities in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
Businesses worldwide must conform to certain “quality” standards in order to be respected by partners and clients and to be recognized as a successful international business. “Quality” refers to the management system of a particular business or company. Gaining the confidence of the client and building long lasting partnerships is key to maintaining a highly successful international business.
A company’s QMS is operating effectively when clear corporate goals have been defined; achievement of these objectives needs to be reflected in measurable results – based on meaningful key indicators that result from efficient and transparent processes. The best evidence for the quality ability of an organization is continuously improving results.
Implementing certified quality practices ensures that your business is lean and maintains an edge over the competition by being able to respond to changing needs in an increasingly competitive global marketplace. Certifying your organization to ISO 9001 or other industry specific standards related to quality is proof of your organization’s commitment to quality while also acting as a benchmark to measure your progress towards an improved business performance. Oxford Cert Universal Certification, with a proven track record and expertise, offers ISO 9001 certifications as well as other industry specific certifications.
Demonstrate your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
The ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification enables you to demonstrate your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, as well as continuously improving your quality systems and integrating the realities of a changing world.
Customers are becoming increasingly quality-conscious. They frequently expect that suppliers pro-actively comply with the highest product and service quality standards. They also want this information up-front, in addition to being assured that your company will continue to meet their needs now and in the long term. This is a challenge, but it is also an opportunity companies can benefit from.